F! F! F! – Myrtle Beach, Havok Jones, My Radio Rant & More!
Good evening world!
I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day Weekend… It feels good to be back to my regular schedule. This past weekend was very busy. My team and I took our 2nd road trip to Myrtle Beach, SC for another performance opportunity. Myrtle Beach is such a beautiful place. It was Bike Week so there were many visitors in town and festivities along the boardwalk and on the beach. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I actually started getting sick of fast food/restaurant food! Lol Idk what was going on, but I kept cramping lol TMI? Eh. I think it was just a matter of waiting too long to eat and then not having a home cooked meal in a few days was starting to get to me. So no more wings & burgers for me for a while. Lol
Before I hit the road I celebrated my little cousin graduating from High School! We ate good! (Still thinking about food. smh) It was a beautiful evening with family & friends. I was so happy to be there. Congrats Tierra! Love you much
Now with this being the last day of May, it is only right that I bring you Five Fun Facts! Let’s go
- Recently I was riding in the car and the radio was on. I had one of those moments again where I immediately get irritated with what I’m hearing…
I hate the fact that when I listen to certain radio stations, I only hear the same 10 songs in rotation. It sucks even more that majority of them have the same lyrical content, so it leads me to believe that that’s the only thing men write about. Lol However, I know that’s not the case. It’s just frustrating because there is SO much music in the world and we continuously hear the same nonsense on a daily basis. Ooops, maybe I shouldn’t be so quick to judge… I don’t want to ever bash another artist. I’m an artist and songwriter myself, so I know what goes into writing a song. I just miss hearing the uplifting songs about women from a male narrative. It just makes me think, if people write SO much about the same thing, is that really what they’re doing? Is that what they believe in? What kind of women are they attracting? … Or maybe I’m being overly critical.
As for me, I enjoy writing things that I experience. BUT I also love writing about things I can’t say out loud or that I have yet to experience; so it’s a rush for me & very liberating to be able to get those emotions out and into my music. I’m just letting out my frustrations, guys… listening to my thoughts … Thinking about what I want others to take from MY music moving forward and how it will affect listeners. Hmmm…
- I FINALLY had the opportunity to choreograph for one of my favorite groups. These ladies have skills. They can SANGGG! The talented trio, Havok Jones, recently dropped a cover song to Ariana Grande’s “Dangerous Woman” and I got to choreograph the dance routine for their video! Oohwa oohwa! Click HERE to watch their video & follow these ladies!!! #HavokNation
- SO RANDOM: I find that when I go to Walmart and snatch up a buggie (aka a shopping cart lol) 9 times out of 10 the wheels SUCK! OMG this is the most annoying thing. If I’m just running in and out, I don’t waste time trying to go back & pick another cart. However, if it’s one of my long list trips, I gotsta turn back around and give all the other buggies a test run…you know, wiggle the cart back & forth, check out the wheels, make sure the cart doesn’t have trash in it or isn’t too dirty looking, yada yada. It’s hard work people! Lol. It seems to happen to me a lot tho. I don’t want to assume all of Walmarts’ buggies are broke, so I’ve just come to the conclusion that I can’t pick a good cart for nothing. Haha! Anybody else go thru this?!
4. As mentioned earlier, I took a second trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I was a contestant in a Hip Hop & RnB Showcase and guess who won???? That’s right; me! Praise God. I’m looking forward to traveling more. It’s a blessing to be able to visit new places & connect with new people…oh and see cheaper gas prices! Haha. These experiences are reminding me of the importance of saving money, planning ahead, and finding coupons! Lol. I’m also learning a lot about my team. Taking any kind of trip is a great way to bond and just really get to know people outside of work, and I love that. I also discovered that I love creating Trip Itineraries & such to share with others! Lol I get creative.
- Lastly, if you have not already seen this, you are in for a treat. If you have seen it, take another look! Lol Below is one of our favorite performances of the year thus far. I was a special guest performer at the Professional Make Up Artist Conference (PMAC). The Awards show portion was hosted by Trina Braxton of Braxton Family Values! I performed “Find Me” with a special surprise. We – was – so CLEAN!! Check it out below
Thanks for tuning in. Until next time, I love ya’ll & God Bless!